Practice Games Start Tuesday July 7, 2020. Check your CSS News Letter
As you enter the complex
Your temp will be taken before you enter the complex so please be prepared when you enter the park by removing your hat for us to get your temp.
- Practice social distancing at ALL times always
- Only 2-3 people in the dugout at all times
- Pick up the previous batter’s bat by the large end of the bat always
- We will NOT provide water as we have in the past
- No handshakes after the practice games
- Mask use is up to each member to decide if they want to wear a mask or not as this is considered exercising time under Gov Cooper mandates
- We strongly urge our catchers and umpires to wear mask as this is the closest people will get to one another
- Your manager will have a COVID waiver release that you must sign before you leave the field for home
- No sense in getting there too early as we have in the past as there will NOT be any pregame batting practice before the first game…..SORRY
New players MUST sign up on Tuesday night
We have several new members that are joining up on Tuesday night so to make that official the following will need to take place as well ..
- So if you are new to our CSS Tuesday night group please ask for Bill Barrett, Ed Shroads, Jeff Weston or Tony Spittle to get a form that you MUST fill out before you leave for the night or Sign up on this site.
- Payment will need to be made that night as well for the 2020 session…As always the sports fee is 50 bucks and the required one time a year membership fee of 20 bucks. So 70 bucks for the 2020 year.
Your team practice slot
Your team practice time slots are for 1 hour drop dead time..play a game, leave field, leave complex
15 minutes in between your practice ending and the next one will start
- So if you are late getting off the field at practice you will back up the process concerning the next team and their practice time slot
- So practice for an hour and leave ASAP ……
- Managers please have an idea of a line up ready as soon as you hit the field…could bat easily in order of pitcher, catcher, 1b, 2b, etc
- Home teams hit the field as soon as you can…even early if all is good
- Do not waste time in the beginning because you will wish you had more playing time in the end
How to be the most effective at your one hour of time
Method to use for practice on both Tuesday nights
Bat all batters 1-13 clearing the bases at every 3 outs until everyone has batted….switch out to defense….score as many runs as you can with 13 batters… The last batter just keeps running as he is the last batter